We’re looking for a passionate, seasoned and devoted person who is excited by the art of the possible within web with excellent skills to join our talented team of designers across multiple disciplines. You’ll be ambitious, keen to work collaboratively with a team of creatives and committed to developing your skillset and the teams around you.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you would be responsible for delivering creative for clients and internal audiences. Your involvement is critical in all phases of the web design process, particularly concept development, production and product development. You will work closely alongside our existing designers, Technical Lead and Project Managers assisting them in innovating, leading and managing, our web development offerings.
You will be required to showcase a strong portfolio of website design and development work in order to be considered for this role. Please provide a link to your portfolio or relevant work you have produced.
Immediate start available.
£28,000 – £35,000 (DOE)
Nottingham + Remote
9:00 – 5:30 + Flexitime option
The successful applicant must be proficient with:
- WebGL competency (Three.js) – not essential but desirable
- Competency with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Familiarity with WordPress
- CSS methodologies such as BEM
- Version control (Git)
- Build tools/package managers such as Webpack
- Understanding of web accessibility (WCAG 2.1)
- Ability to comfortably manage, maintain and deploy websites across various hosting providers.
- Familiarity with the entire web development lifecycle (UX -> Deployment)
- Comfortable working with designers/project managers and the wider team
- Excellent communication skills
- Act as a consultant to direct how we approach the development stage of projects
- UX/UI experience
- Ability and confidence to be involved in the design stage (Adobe / Figma)
- Familiarity and experience of SEO
- PHP / WordPress development (ACF)
- Experience in working with Jamstack
- Working closely with our creatives to design and build compelling, high-quality websites and immersive experiences
- Meticulous QA and review of final output before presenting to the Creative Lead for client send-off
- Managing and leading projects from brief to delivery, delegating where necessary whilst ensuring the Creative Lead/Project Lead is kept informed of the status of projects
- Utilising conceptual and design skills to bring ideas to life and define an artistic direction
- Shaping the details of projects by providing cutting-edge techniques and technologies
- Working with the wider team to innovate the web department
- Confidently pitching ideas to clients during calls/workshops
- Defining timescales and project milestones
- Being involved in and potentially leading ideation sessions with the rest of the team.
- Training team members in production best practices to support collaboration
- Managing deadlines and ensuring projects are delivered on time
- Being observant of the needs and behaviours of staff members both within the web team and the broader company
- Staying current with production tools and technological advancements
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- Competitive salary and opportunities for business trips
- Paid overtime
- The option to convert overtime into ‘owed time’ or into extra holiday entitlement
- Tailored packages to each employee’s wants or needs
- Unlimited career progression and freedom to shape your role and contribute to Affari in the ways you wish to
- Inspire afternoons and outings, including regular staff parties!
- Free fruit and unlimited beverages
- High-spec equipment
- Monthly prizes and weekly opportunities for a lie-in
- Nottingham City Centre hub/office
- Comfy communal area and breakout spaces
* Office currently located in Basford (NG6), however moving to Nottingham Trent University City Campus (NG1) in November 2021. The role can predominantly be remote, but will require office attendance on some occasions.
* COVID-19 considerations: We are currently remote working and have approved an ongoing remote working policy, regardless of the COVID-19 situation.