We are looking for a web design whiz that has a good understanding of UI/UX. Someone thats passionate about what they do and champion the development of great work, ensuring you’re always up to date with current trends and modern techniques.
You’ll be driven and confident in your ability to get on with the task at hand, and have a keen organisational streak – knowing how to manage your own time and prioritise your workload accordingly.
You would be responsible for delivering creative for clients and internal audiences. Your involvement is critical in all phases of the web design process, particularly concept development, production and product development. You will work closely alongside our existing designers, Technical Lead and Project Managers assisting them in innovating, and pushing forward our web departments offerings.
You will be required to showcase a strong portfolio of website design work in order to be considered for this role. Please provide a link to your portfolio or relevant work you have produced.
Immediate start available.
£25,000 – £30,000 (DOE)
Nottingham + Remote
9:00 – 5:30 + Flexitime option
The successful applicant must be proficient with or have a good understanding of:
- Strong conceptual skills and creative flair
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience across all aspects of digital design from landing pages to
- Exceptional application of design fundamentals such as hierarchy, layout,
typography and colour
- Understanding and application of UX best practise
- Demonstratable experience of responsive web design
- An understanding of HTML/CSS
- Familiary with web accessibility (WCAG 2.1)
- Experience working with developers
- Comfortable updating and maintaining WordPress websites
- Full competency with the Adobe suite including Figma
- Bring your designs to life with code (HTML/SCSS/JS)
- Ability to build pages using Bootstrap 4
- Appreciation for and experience with motion graphics/design
- Working closely with our creatives to design and build compelling, high-quality
websites and immersive experiences
- Meticulous QA and review of final output before presenting to project
managers for client send-off
- Managing and leading projects from brief to delivery, delegating where
necessary whilst ensuring the Project Lead is kept informed of the status
- Utilising conceptual and design skills to bring ideas to life
- Shaping the details of projects by providing cutting-edge techniques and ideas
- Working with the wider team to innovate the web department
- Confidently pitching ideas to clients during calls/workshops
- Defining timescales and project milestones
- Being involved in and potentially leading ideation sessions with the rest of the
- Training team members in production best practices to support collaboration
- Managing deadlines and ensuring projects are delivered on time
- Being observant of the needs and behaviours of staff members both within the Motion team and the wider company
- Staying current with production tools and technological advancements
What’s in it for you?
At Affari, we put people at the heart of our culture; we want you to enjoy working here and be part of our success.
- Competitive salary (depending on previous experience)
- Paid overtime
- The option to convert overtime into ‘owed time’ or into extra holiday entitlement
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- Unlimited career progression and freedom to shape your role and contribute to Affari in the ways you wish to
- Tailored packages to each employee’s wants or needs
- Company Pension (NEST)
- Vibrant and supportive work environment
- Inspire afternoons, outings, including staff get-togethers!
- High-spec equipment
- Monthly prizes and weekly opportunities for a lie-in
- Nottingham City Centre hub/office
- Comfy communal area and breakout spaces
* Office currently located in Basford (NG6), however moving to Nottingham Trent University City Campus (NG1) in November 2021. The role can predominantly be remote, but will require office attendance on some occasions.
* COVID-19 considerations: We are currently remote working and have approved an ongoing remote working policy, regardless of the COVID-19 situation.